Glen Iris Private is a healthcare facility dedicated to providing the highest quality patient care, with a commitment to clinical excellence and safety delivered with personal attention.
We are a day procedure hospital in Glen Iris in Melbourne, specialising in gastroenterology and general and laparoscopic surgery.
- We have been operating as a Day Endoscopy Centre in Glen Iris since 1985, registered with the DHHS and accredited with the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards. Glen Iris Private represents a complete redevelopment of "Taburn" as you may have known it. Our previous facility was demolished in 2008, and rebuilt with an underground carpark and lift, 2 operating theatres, pathology, and a large group of consulting suites. We re-opened in 2009.
- Gastroscopy and colonoscopy are performed here daily for our Melbourne patients
- Vasectomies, general surgery and laparoscopic procedures are performed regularly
- Medical Consulting suites and The Centre for Bariatric surgery are on the first floor
- Melbourne Pathology collection centre and the Delmont Hospital outpatients are on the ground floor
- As one of the first Day Centres fully accredited with the ten new National Standards in Healthcare, we work hard to ensure that your visit to and experience at Glen Iris Private is as pleasant as possible and that your expectations are met. Our staff are extremely proud of the standard of care delivered to our clients and we would welcome your feedback on your stay at our centre.
Glen Iris Private acknowledges that we are on the traditional land of the Boonwurrung and Wurundjeri people and offer our respects to the elders past and present. We recognise and respect the cultural heritage of this land.